Alexandre Magno Teles Zimerer
Born on 6th October, 1982
Lives in Copenhagen, Denmark
and nonrelational databases and trending technologies like GraphQL.
This flexibility provided me opportunities to contribute to different open source projects worldwide like Electricity Map in Python, Status Messenger with Blockchain, and Bootstrap, which is one of the most popular front-end open source libraries in the world. From all of these contributions and learnings, I published the Mobile First Bootstrap book by Packt Publishing in December 2013.
I’m not just a strong professional with technical experience and expertise who loves to share my knowledge, I have worked in my open source project, Gitpay, a bounty platform to solve issues from projects with a growing community of contributors around the world. If that weren’t enough, I have my lab experience with the internet of things, programming with Arduino and microcontrollers, and I have my automated indoor garden system. I am an early adopter of agile methodologies, and my life is a scrum board, or how do you think I can manage all of this?
Senior Software Engineer, Danske Bank; Copenhagen, Denmark — Aug – 2018 (Current Job)
Working as Senior Software Engineer focused on front-end maintaining the main mobile bank app. We attend 6 different markets like Finland, Sweeden, England, and Norway, as well as different pipelines and startup initiatives inside the organization. I’ve been working with innovation in the Bank, with the recent Open Banking and PSD2, and recently leading an initiative of accessibility for apps with users with disabilities, promoting the accessibility guidelines on the core team, as working as front-end ops, handling app performance and working on the build and release pipeline.
Full Stack Engineer, Trustpilot; Copenhagen, Denmark — Jan 2018 – Jun 2018
Software Engineer, Tradeshift; Copenhagen, Denmark — 2016 – 2017
Software Engineer, Globo.com; Rio de Janeiro, Brazil — 2009 – 2016 (7 years)
Gitpay — Aug – 2017 (Today)
A bounty platform to solve issues from projects with Git. We have promoted crowdfunding and freelance with open collaboration to fund projects and help contributors who conclude issues and we match them with job opportunities. I’m helping contributors around the world, and I manage a growing community of 1000+ contributors, with $1000+ bounties paid and 10+ projects.
Ahorta — Aug – 2016 (Today)
A sensor connected to my home wi-fi to help the growth of my home indoor plants. I’ve been using my created device and improving over 3 years to maintain my home gardens and exploring and studying IoT applications in the real world.
Webpoint — Aug – 2010 (Today)
On my personal blog, I’ve been publishing hundreds of articles, tutorials, and extending my knowledges about science and tech. The blog reached 1 million users in 10+ years.
I’ve been contributing to relevant projects like:
- Status (status.im/), a crypto message system developed with Clojure.js
- Electricity map (www.electricitymap.org/), a project that normalizes the data about energy consumption in the world
- Material UI for React, providing an example template, the Material Sense (github.com/alexanmtz/material-sense), with 500+ starts and listed on their official documentation
- Mobile First Bootstrap – December 2013 – Published by Packt Publishing Ltd.
- Portuguese (native) and English (advanced)
- React Advanced London – London – 01/06/2019 – A presentation on React Native stage about Accessibility for React Native Apps
- Sencha Community Days 05/2019 – a presentation about how we scale and manage the UI in your React apps to keep it simple and consistent
- Qcon 2015, 03/2015, – Speaks about Multiplatform application development
- The developer’s conference 2014 – 07/2014 and Front in Fortaleza 2014 – Speaks about the perception about performance
- FISL 13, 14– Fórum Internacional de Software Livre, 2013 and 2014 – Speaks about Bootstrap and Developing jQuery UI plugins and testing with Jasmine
- System Analyst – Universidade Estácio de Sá — 2011
- Scrum Certified Scrum master – Team Ware – 2010
- Experienced in extreme programming, with extensive experience in setting up continuous integration systems, TDD and BDD, as well as familiarized with the scrum process;
- Strong knowledge in Ruby on Rails, experienced with Python;
- Experience in development and construction and use of API’s;
- Passionate for developing reusable and scalable UI components and UI Patterns, as well as Material Design and SPA’s;
- Committed to performance optimization, benchmarking, progressive enhancement, usability, and accessibility;
- Expert in HTML/CSS as well HTML5 and CSS3 (as well LESS and SASS). Experienced in working with browser issues, debugging and cross-browser solutions to achieve the best user interface experience, regardless of the device used;
- Advanced knowledge of responsive design and optimization for mobile devices and mobile-first;
- Standard knowledge of relational databases (MySQL and Postgres) and non-relational databases (MongoDB), as query languages like GraphQL;
- Comfortable working in a Unix/Linux Environment (I’m a mac user);
- Familiar with version control systems, like Git, mastering the concepts about branches, rebase and I like to teach about the Git Workflow for git newbies.
- I’m capable to set up a Continuous Integration System and Docker containers;
- Working with Arduino, microcontrollers for IoT projects, starting with Lua and MicroPython, just for fun